Final Outcome – Gone WrongPosted: February 2, 2015
Here is my Edgar Allan Poe final outcome that has gone wrong. Although I had never made a book before I had tried to create a few tester pieces of different types of books that I could have used in order to print my designs onto. My first attempt of making a hard back book went well along with my squash book, but due to the number of pages needed I went ahead with a more simple form (hardback book) which seemed to had worked well with before but for some reason with my final piece I didn’t manage to get the results that I wanted. I have never really been any good at sowing and with my final I found it very hard to sow into the harder covers. I had made the pages the same way as before but only this time when I tried to connect the pages onto the hard cover I found it really difficult to get clean stitching done and it ended up making my pages out of line with the cover. Me being a idiot then thought that it would be a smart move to try and cut the pages so they were to create an illusion of being inline which only made matters a lot worse and now I pretty much hate the outcome.
Although I have learned a fair bit about making books, I later found a much more easy way to create the book I desire by watching how a friend did it so I think that I am later going to reprint these images and do it his way which seems to work. (only difference is that my friend would glue the pages into place rather then stitch)